Vic is on a deadline this weekend, and has to submit a rough draft on Monday...which means I need to vamanos with the child. First of all, Vic did let me sleep in this morning and took Jack on a bike ride, they rode out to Great Harvest Bread, and came back with Jack eating a loaf of bread. After getting him primped and ready for the day, I asked Vic if he thought Jack would do well with going and watching a movie in the theater. Vic's very quick response was "nope, not at all." If you follow my blog, you will know that I have a very active child. He sleeps with sports balls instead of teddy bears, and thinks it is fun to climb and count every stair he sees multiple times. So I understand where Vic is coming from with him saying the theater would be "no bueno." But, if you know me at all, you know I am willing to try anything. If you say it is a bad idea, that pretty much means I will do it to prove you wrong. :) So of course after taking Jack around to different stores to bum around, I brought him to the 11:30am showing of Toy Story 3. I supplied him with his own popcorn and lemonade, and you know what...he did AMAZING!!! He just curled up on my lap and sat there wide eyed saying "woooow" the entire time. I kept waiting for the ball to drop, and him to want to get up and start running around the theater like a wild banshee, but he was perfect. I am so proud of my little guy. I think Vic is still in shock that I actually attempted this and it went well. Wahoo, score one for mama!
Like a waterfall in slow motion, Part One
3 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment