Today was Jack's first swim lesson of the season (Jaidyn's second). He was suppose to start last Sat but we had Jax and Aly's bday instead. To get to the point, the babies hated it is. That is actually putting it mildly. Jack does really well when he has control of when to get into the water and how deep he thinks he can handle it. That is why he loves going to places with a beach. He can play in the sand and splash his toes in the shallow water. Well, in the "Mommy and Me" class, we are in the 4ft end of the pool and although I am holding him, he was suppose to pretend to splash some water and float on his back. Ha Ha Ha. What a joke. I got a ear full of screaming from Jack, and on the other side of me Jaidy was giving Cathie hell. This is actually after Vic tried for the first half of the lesson. Jack is such a mama's boy that we thought if I went in and switched with Vic, Jack would calm down. Silly parents, that is what we get for thinking. We ended up leaving the pool with the crying babies and going home. I don't know what to do. I signed Jack up for swim lessons to get him use to the water, but I also don't want to "scar" him, and him hate water for the rest of his life. I am going towards the direction of him figuring out the water on his own time. I will bring him around water as much as I can, and let him take little baby steps at getting use to it. I am crossing my fingers he will be ok at Flaming Gorge this weekend!
Like a waterfall in slow motion, Part One
3 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment