Yeah! The antibiotics have finally kicked in. When I went and changed Jack this morning, the infection spot had almost reduced to half the original size. This is a lot of progress from yesterday. Yesterday, he woke up screaming. His pain meds had worn off, and the sore was still a huge welt on his bum. It looked terrible. He couldn't even walk on his right leg, and if he did he was limping. I had to hold him all morning until his motrin started working. It broke my heart. My mother-in-law came over to help me out. I was watching my niece all day yesterday, and with not being able to put Jack down, it made it quite hard to take care of her. Jack couldn't even sit down on my lap without crying, so I always had to make him sit in a way where there was no pressure on the sore. By about 11am he was back to being himself. I had given him a hot bath again, that helped out a ton. I was able to get out some more infection, and the motrin started working. Now today, he is totally back to normal, and I will be happy when the MRSA is completely gone! Now if only the weather would cooperate, life would be great!
1 comment:
I'm glad he's getting better, that's so scary!
Post a Comment