Monday, April 26, 2010

Again...really?!?

For the third time in Jack's life he came down with a MRSA infection this weekend. I am getting kind of pro on this. I know that after getting MRSA just once, he can get it for the rest of his life. So, when I saw a little pimple on his bum Friday, I kept my eye on it. Every day I gave him a really warm bath to draw the infection out, and sure enough MRSA reared its ugly head on Saturday evening. I was changing his diaper and it the pimple started to ooze a bit. I didn't need any test to tell me, I knew it was MRSA. I started washing it with some medicated soap, and put a salve on it. I caught it early, and got him to his pediatrician this morning. He is already on antibiotics and in a week we should be in the clear. His doctor said that when he is out of diapers, his ability to get MRSA significantly decreases. Too bad we have had zero luck on the potty training front. He is very onry, but I think it is a combination of the MRSA, teething, and a little cold. Although, nothing is deterring him from his passion, which is running like a mad man around the house and kicking his soccer ball in the net. Back to the doctor's visit, I asked about his eye. Two months ago I brought him to an insta care and they gave him some drops. His left eye will not stop watering. So when I told her that the drops haven't worked, she was not surprised. She referred me to an opthemologist, which I will go to on Thursday. Lets cross our fingers this will turn out to be nothing, maybe just an allergy. All I can say is, thank GOD we live in an era that medicine and doctors are readily available. I am not one to advocate medicating your child for every single thing. I believe that children have to build up an immunity, but letting something like MRSA go unattended can turn lethal. Technology rocks!

1 comment:

Janiel said...

Wow! I didn'n know you can get MRSA again - poor little guy.
He is sure a cutie though!!