Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Potty Training


I keep forgetting to mention, that for the past two weeks I have slowly started the potty training. I am not looking forward to this obstacle. This and changing him to his toddler bed are things that I am just dreading. At first I was told to wait until he actually knew he was going potty. Then I heard, that if you start slow and get him use to the toilet, he will start understanding more and more. Well, every time I "smell" him I ask him if he needs to go potty. He knows to run to the bathroom, put his little soccer seat on top of the toilet and pull his pants down. I am very impressed with is progress. I just wish he would do this BEFORE he crapped in his pants. He has yet to actually do anything while sitting on the potty, but I am going to be patient. His new activity while sitting on the potty, is grabbing one square of toilet paper and wipe himself, then repeat. After he is bored and wants to get off, I take him down so he can flush then he waves goodbye to his "poopies". I know this is probably a gross topic to most people, but watching him wave goodbye cracks me up. Even this is cute to me, as his mom.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It reminds me Freud. If you want to know, remind me the next time we hang out.

Robin said...

It looks like you're all set up in there! It takes time but he'll be potty trained before you know it!

Janiel said...

What a smart little boy! And the soccer ball toliet is cute