This was such a good intro to summer weekend. I think Jack was in Heaven, because he was able to be outside all day long. Friday, I spent the day cleaning up my back yard (cleaning the dog poo, tilling my garden, pulling weeds, scrubbing the patio, etc.) Saturday, we woke up and had breakfast outside. I then went with my mother-in-law to get some flowers which I also got planted, plus I planted my two new trees. Vic was outside and just shaking his head. He said, "is this really something you enjoy?" I totally do. I would never have pegged me for loving to garden, but for some reason I feel it is
therapeutic. Especially, when it is all done, and I love what I have accomplished. To top off Saturday, we had a BBQ. It was so good to see our friends. I think Vic gets so wrapped up in work, and I get so wrapped up in being a mom/wife, that we forget to slow it down and just spend time with our friends who we love. Today, I tried to give Vic time to work, and I took Jack down to the Splash Pad playgrounds. You can either walk to it (which takes about 20 min on a few steep trails) or just drive there in 5 min. Well, I figured Jack wouldn't be able to walk back home, so I drove down. After his fix of running around for 90 minutes, he decided to start walking the trail home. I figured what will it hurt. So we get to the steepest hill, and he decided to just stop walking and plant it. He didn't want to move.
Haha, I was all "yeah right!" So I hoisted him up on my shoulders and had my work out for the day. I think I had to stop about three times to catch my breath. It is a hard enough hill to hike up alone, not to mention a 26lb baby on your shoulders. I walked in the house and pretty much
collapsed. Jack was all pumped for some more play time. This kid wears me out, but I love it. I just looked at Vic and said "your shift just started." I hope the rest of our summer is as fun as this first "summer" weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment