Sunday, August 2, 2009

Tubing and BBQs

This has been a pretty fun weekend, I must admit. Friday night we were invited to a friend's bbq and had a blast catching up with everyone. We even got to see a long lost friend (j/k, Nat, she just had a baby -I know how it is!) Jack kept us busy, because he didn't want to sit still for even one second. He saw a kids plastic golf club, and you couldn't take it out of his hands the entire night. Then on Sat we woke up to our usual swimming lessons. Jack was not having it this time. Very fussy. We ended up taking him out of the water ten minutes early. Hopefully next Sat is better. After swim lessons, we came home, put Jack down for his nap and then started getting ready for our big afternoon. Vic put together a big tubing trip down the Weber River. There was about 10 of us, and we had a blast. It took us roughly 3hrs to get from point A to point B. Seriously, one the funnest times I have had this summer. Everyone was chillin and hanging out. We even had a cooler in Shaun's little raft with some tasty drinks. Me of course, just had my diet coke and was perfectly happy. The only downfall to yesterday, is I am REDDER than a lobster. Seriously people, I feel like I am burning up. I feel like the heat I am emitting could heat my house all winter long. I have not been this burnt since I was a little girl on the farm in MN. The kicker is, I was wearing 50spf sunscreen!! WTF!! I was the last one to put it on, and I seriously caked it on me. Maybe by the time I got around to putting it on it expired or something. Anyways, after the tubing experience everyone came back to our place and we had another bbq. Good times. I stayed up all night talking with my friend Farrah, while the boys ended up at the TV playing games. I love the summer!

2 comments:

Janiel said...

Oh tubing down the river sounds so much fun!! I bet it was nice and cool too.

Lisa Ellen said...

That sounds like so much fun! I wish I were with you. Hopefully your tubes were inflated up to code this time! And that no one tried to use a volleyball or stick as a flotation device!!! :)