Saturday, August 15, 2009

Growth spurt = Zero $$

Ever since Jack turned one, he has had an insane appetite. I am hoping he is in a growth spurt, because this kid has started to out eat me. Yes, my one year old eats more than a 26 yr old woman!! For example, yesterday for lunch I cut him up some turkey and mozzarella cheese. He always gets a cup full of whole milk as well. Normally this would fill him up, but not anymore. When I started to clear his mess up, he freaked out. So I figured that maybe he was a little more hungry, so I made him a cup of Mac and cheese. He scarfed the entire bowl down. Now I am thinking he has to be done, so again I get up and start cleaning -nope, he started throwing a huge tantrum again. WTF!! So I went and got him a yogurt -pretty much licked it dry, so I got him another one. Finally, after his second yogurt and some pretzels he was happy to leave the table and play.

So lets see here , one days worth of food for a one year old with Victor's genes: for breakfast he ate two pancakes, two eggs and had a full glass of milk. Lunch -three carved slices of turkey, two slices of cheese, a bowl of easy mac, two yogurts and a few pretzel rods again with a glass of milk. That night was an entire cheese quesadilla, some cut up tomatoes and some more yogurt. Topped off with a bottle before bed time. Oh yeah, and he has some snacks in between meals -normally fruit.

The really crazy thing is, he is not gaining weight, cause of how much he is running around all day, his pants size has stayed the same at 12/18 whereas his shirt size is up to 18/24.
If anyone knows who is hiring, let me know, I think I am going to have to get a job to support my son's metabolism.

1 comment:

Hair Goddess said...

Hi Jack, eat much? Good Lord! :) That's my little nephew Tank!