Krista getting her hair done
Gpa Bob and Gpa Chuck. Uncle Scott, Dad and Mom in the back
Jake, Erin, Uncle Jeff and Aunt Sara
Vic was such a good sport and helped everyone out
The Larson's. Ashley, Aunt Jody, Mandy and Adam
Right before the wedding
Chad and Krista having their first dance as a married couple
They looked so happy
Aunt Denise dancing with Jake
Aunt Jody and Uncle Daryl
To say that the day of the wedding was chaotic, was an understatement. My mom and I woke up and immediately had to leave to go to the salon to get our hair done. Vic was staying home with Jack and my dad to help out, and attempt to get Jack down for a nap at 10:30 (yeah I know that was a far shot, but we had to try.) Once home, and our hair was done, it was a mad rush to get our make up done and get into our dresses. Vic decided to just get him and Jack dressed at the church. On one hand, yeah that was an excellent idea, since Jack didn't want to eat lunch till he was in the car, but on the other hand, trying to get him in his little tux resembled an exorcism. Saying he hated his top button on his shirt, and his tie is a massive understatement. He screamed and screamed, and then came out the bribe for candy and he was all good. We let him run around, since we had to be there so early for pictures and he came back to his usual self. Jaidy on the other hand, was not having it at all. She was so pissed the entire day. I felt bad for Cathie, because Jaidy wouldn't go to anyone else, but still just cried and cried. Once pictures were done (again Jack did amazing with some bribing) the wedding was about to start. Vic and I prepped Jack and told him he had to hold Jaidy's hand, and he did what he was told. He grabbed her hand so fast, and Jaidyn let him for about 5 min, but then she kept screaming "Jackson NOOOOO!" Then Jack would scream "Jaidyn, HAND!" Finally we decided for Cathie to hold Jaidyn in one arm as she walked with Krista's brother, and I held Jack's hand, while walking with my cousin Adam down the aisle. It went very smoothly, until Jack got to the front of the church and turned around. Right before Krista started to make her way down the aisle, Jack looked at all the congregation and yelled very loudly "WHOA THATS A LOT OF PEOPLE!!". Everyone lost it, even the people in the very back of the church were laughing. All tension was broke, and Krista came up the aisle with a huge grin on her face. Vic was awesome and discretely made is way up the side of the church and grabbed both Jack and Jaidyn and brought them outside, so the ceremony wouldn't be interrupted. The service was beautiful, and there wasn't a dry eye in the church when Chad and Krista went up to give my dad a hug. It was very emotional. After the ceremony we all left to go the reception where a huge turkey dinner was waiting for us. Krista and her mom, Gail, decorated it beautifully. I had to sit up at the big table with the wedding party, so Vic and Jack had to go and sit at a table reserved for the family. Poor Jack was so tired because of no nap, that within 5 min of getting his food, he was crashed on Vic's lap. This is something that always gets Vic and I emotional. It is hard to explain, but when your baby feels so safe and secure in your arms, that he will let himself fall asleep, it is a feeling I can't describe. Your love for your child just explodes and if Vic had to, he would have sat there all night just holding him. After about an hour Jack woke, and since the dance didn't start till 8pm, we decided to take Jack and Jaidyn home and get them ready for bed. Cathie wanted to stay and party it up, so I held Jaidy in my arms and we took off. Vic opted to stay home with the babies, so I could go back to the dance. I guess I arrived a little late (not knowing the wedding party was suppose to be introduced by the dj, and got scolded.) But in the end I made it and Chad and Krista looked amazing having their first dance. The dance was a blast, we had so much fun and the bride and groom looked so happy. Since Vic, Jack and I were leaving the next morning to go back home, I took off around 11:30pm. We made it back to Utah two days later without a hitch, and are getting back into the groove of things. Congrats Chad and Krista, this was an amazing vacation, and I am so happy there is a Krista East in the family now!!

No comments:
Post a Comment