Well I finally got hit with the cold....hard! I thought I got away with not getting it, even though everyone around me was sick. Saturday morning I woke up with a stuffy nose, and could just tell I wasn't going to be feeling very well. I still sucked it up and took Jack down to the splash pad, and ran around and chased him for a few hours. He even ran into a little friend, William, that he had his gym class with. These two hit it off, and William's dad and I became fast friends as well. By the time we left, William's dad and I set up a play date for every Saturday morning at 10am at the splash pad. (So if you want to come and hang out, everyone is welcome!) I was feeling pretty rough at this point, but knew I had a big night ahead of me. We were going to my sister's boyfriend's (Tad) friend's house for a huge firework show. Jack was so pumped, that every other hour he would ask if it was fire work time, so I knew cancelling was out of the question. We were planning on leaving around 7pm, but by the time 6pm came, Jack was so wired for fireworks, Vic and I couldn't keep him under control. We decided to bring him to the park behind our house for an hour to get some of his energy in check. Guess who we run into...little William and his dad and Lucy, William's 8 month old sister. Small world, they live one block from us in the same subdivision. Jack and William are very similar in that they are both way tall for their age and very hyper, active and dare devils. They chased each other and ran for the entire hour. I introduced Scott, Will's dad, to Vic, and we all just hung around and laughed at the boys. We took off at 7, as we planned, and I was feeling the effects of a full blown fever coming on. Wasn't in the best mood for loud fireworks, but I would do anything for Jack. We get to Tad's friends house, and when I say they have hundreds of HUGE fireworks, I am not exaggerating. Vic was in shock at the volume of ariels. Before the big show, we had a little BBQ and Jack went in the backyard where he played with other kids on the big trampoline and the slip-n-slide (which I was not prepared for.) One second he is jumping on the tramp, the other he is soaking wet saying "I like sip side, mama." After getting Jack dry and fed, the boys started lighting off the fireworks. Jack was in his glory, telling all the adults which firework they should light off next. He would, seriously, go into the garage and push out a box that was a third of his height and say "ok, this one next." My son is very outgoing, bossy and stubborn. Yep he was in his element. We finally left around 11, when Jack was getting fussy, and I just needed to get to bed. The next morning, I had a full fledged fever of 103. Vic works on Sundays, but insisted on taking Jack to his mom's so I could have a day to just relax. I couldn't argue, since I looked like death on the couch. That was a rough day, but my fever finally broke by 11pm, and on Sunday I woke up feeling almost completely better. Cathie had Monday off, so I was just home with Jack, and he was being so good, it was a easy day. Today I have the Boo back, and am feeling even better, although I have almost lost my voice. Jack just looks at me with this quizzical face and says "huh mama?" Anyways, here is my beautiful niece and my handsome son eating their "after nap" snacks!
Like a waterfall in slow motion, Part One
3 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment