Vic came home from work sick yesterday. He actually came home early on Wed, but thought he was feeling better by noon on Thurs and went back to work. Well, yesterday he called and told me he was feeling worse so home he came. Unfortunately, we were having the family birthday bash at our house which we had to cancel. This winter has been a harsh one for us Chelarus. It seems like one of us is sick at any given moment, and when we are all finally feeling better, Jack is teething and getting a fever. Blah I am so sick of being sick! I told Vic this morning "I take care of you and Jack when you guys are sick. I wait on you hand and foot, but who takes care of me when I am sick?" His response was "Jesus." Have I ever mentioned that I married the biggest smart ass I have ever known?
Anyway, Jack is being a little fussy and has the runny nose this morning, so I thought that I would build him a fort. Well, when Vic saw what I was doing, he had to come and help and make sure I was making the fort properly. I just threw a sheet over 4 kitchen chairs, apparently that isn't good enough. Vic had to build a "rock" wall out of pillows in the back with a little window. He said that when the enemies attacked, Jack needed an escape window. He also put Jack's little motorcycle inbetween the chairs as Jack's emergency escape vehicle. I didn't know there were so many factors I didn't take into consideration when thinking of building Jack a fort this morning. Shame on me.
As I am writing this Jack wanted to come and be on his computer as well. He brought me his laptop and wanted to sit in his chair next to me and type. Love this kid.

No comments:
Post a Comment