For a while now, I have been trying to find a chalk board to put in my kitchen so I could write my menu out for the week. Well, framed chalk boards are expensive...who knew! So I figured this was something I could make myself. I took an old frame, painted and sanded the edges. Then I took out the matting and threw it away. I went and bought a can of chalk board spray paint and painted the glass. It was insanely easy and I only goofed up a little. I tried writing on it before the paint was completely dried and now you can see very light indents of what I wrote. Oops. Oh well, for something that cost me less than $5 I won't complain. The really crazy thing is, Vic loves it, and if you know my husband, that is a huge compliment!
Also, poor Jack is still trying to cut those pesky molars. He came down with a fever, again, from them. One has finally broke through, but the other three are being stuborn. All he wants to do is chomp on his blankie or his blocks all day -and that is with him being on baby motrin!

4 comments:
You are so talented! I love it! Good job and you are so creative to think to make one, maybe you can teach me!
That is really cute Christy! Love it. Also, yes Jack looks so big, he doesnt look like a baby anymore! I was thinking while looking at the pictures 'Holy crap he is huge!!'
Cute little DIY project! It's super nice when they turn out easy
LOVE LOVE LOVE the chalk board.... don't be surprised if you see one at my place!
Post a Comment