Sunday, February 21, 2010

When did I grow up?
















Last night my friends took me out for my 27th birthday. I am not officially 27 till Tuesday, so I am holding tight to 26 while I can. When did I start dreading my upcoming birthdays? I use to love it when I was 16, 17, 18...21! But now? Nope. I hate it. Where has this last decade of my life gone? I feel like I was 17 yesterday hanging out with my bf Robin. Was I really only 18 when I met Vic? I feel at that point in my life, is when things started blurring by. We dated for almost two years. I remember I use to go to Weber State in the mornings, work at Fashion Bug till 9:30pm, then go straight to Vic's house every night. Of course I had curfew and had to be home at 2am. I lived for those days. I loved it. If I even tried to stay up till 2am now, my body would be punching me from inside. Case in point, last night we went to the Tavernacle. It use to be I could hang till the bar closed, and I even thought that was too early. I would go home hammered. Now, I milk one drink all night long thinking "why in the world does this drink cost $7... I can't wait to pick my baby up in the morning... why in the name of everything holy is that old man pretending to be a chip-n-dales dancer. " Last night, it was only 11, and we all looked at eachother and were like "I'm done."
I guess I have recently reached a new chapter in my life. What once was a thrill, now seems dull. I don't value the same things as I use to. Now my life is about my family and my future. Of course, we will still have our few crazy girl nights, and we love to hang out with all our friends, but I know if our 21yr old selves could look at us now, they would be thinking WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU!!!










3 comments:

Robin said...

Love ya girl! 27 is hard! (But doesn't it make it a teensy bit easier knowing your husband is even older? I'm lucky mine turned 30, compared to that 27 didn't seem so bad!) Happy birthday on Tuesday!

The Smith's said...

That's for sure... I want to know when I became perfectly content to vacumm my stairs on a Friday night!! It makes it all worth it though to know that my boys are safe at home in bed!
Happy Birthday tomorrow!! You look great!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Christy, Sorry I missed your b-day I wish I could have been there. Stupid jobs that start at 11pm! I know what you mean. I turn 25 in like 2 weeks and I feel like Im fresh out of high school I have no clue what I have been doing for the last 7 years! Happy Birthday!!