Friday, July 17, 2009

Welcome baby Jaidyn Marie!
























































What a hectic the past few days have been. For the last week, we have all been under the impression Cathie would be induced Friday sometime during the day. We all even had big plans up until Friday. My mom and dad along with Chad and Krista were having a pizza party with my gma and Tom, Cathie was planning on coming over to my house to babysit Jack, while Vic an I went to the new Harry Potter movie. Well all that changed in one phone call. McKay Dee Hospital called Cathie Thursday at 5:30pm and said "Can you please come in at 7pm for your induction?" So as I am driving Cathie calls me, tells me what is going down. I hurry call Vic tell him whats going on and think we will have to miss the movie. Then I figured that there is no way this baby is going to come in the next few hours, so Vic and I decided to still go to the movie. SUCH A GOOD MOVIE, even Vic loved it, which says a lot! Anyways, right after the movie, Vic guns it to the hospital. When I get there I see my mom, dad, Chad, Krista, and Kallie (one of Cathie's good friends.) We are all trying to keep Cathie calm as the contractions start coming. She is progressing sooo slow at this point -about a cm an hour. Chad, Krista, and Kallie all take off to get some sleep, while my mom , dad and myself stick it out. I would never forgive myself if I missed the delivery! Cathie doesn't handle pain very well, so needless to say, she was not having the best time, but by 4:30am she was at a 10 and ready to push. She pushed for 2.5hrs and finally Jaidyn Marie East was born at 6:58am. She is 6.12oz. and 19in long. She has red hair (like her mommy's) and big blue eyes. She has her gma Debbie's mouth and chin and the longest fingers and toes I have ever seen -even on Jack. What an emotional day. I am so proud of Cathie. She has done an amazing job, and will be such an awesome mother. Jaidyn has already taken to breastfeeding and so far is an incredible baby. She never cries, just sleeps and eats. My mom is such a trooper. She is spending the night, again, at the hospital with Cathie so I could come home and sleep, then tomorrow night it will be my turn so she can sleep. Vic brought Jack into meet his first cousin this evening, and Jack just thought she was a doll or something. Had no interest in her, but loved the big balloon uncle Chad and Krista got Cathie. Here are some of the pictures from today. I am off to bed!!

2 comments:

Robin said...

Congratulations, Cathie! She is beautiful!

Janiel said...

Oh she is so adorable!!