Vic just getting done tackeling me
Lighting fireworks
Marc and Lisa take a carriage ride after the wedding
Rehearsal dinner
Marc and his uncle Brian
Me and Vic at the rehearsal dinner
It was a long trip, this is us just getting into Elmira. We had been up since 4am
Lisa's parents summer home
Neighbor house in Forksville
The view from the backyard
Me and Li Li
Marc's dad, Marc, Vic and Lisa's brother Jason
The hiking crew
Wow, where to begin! We had more fun than we have had in such a long time. On July 2nd, Vic and I headed off to Forksville, PA. You probably haven't heard of it, considering it is a town of 150 people. It is such a cute and quaint place. I loved every second of it. The town even has its own general store that has been in business for 150 years. I guess forever ago, these little towns were inhabited by the very wealthy Philadelphians, where they would come and spend the summer. These houses are absolutely beautiful but pretty old. This is where Lisa spent her summers as a kid. The scenery is insane. There are rivers and creeks everywhere. It is so lush and green, and seriously the most relaxing place I have ever been. The wedding party stayed at a bed and breakfast about 30 minutes from Forksville, in Eagles Mere. It is another small town that totally caters to the tourists. The first day when we arrived in Elmira (where Vic and I flew into) Marc's parents came and picked us up. I think both Vic and I fell in love with them. They are so nice and funny. It felt like we have known them for years. The four of us drove the 2hrs to Eagles Mere. Marc and Lisa were there to greet us at the bed and breakfast, called The Crestmont. Let me just say, that Vic and I absolutely adore Marc and Lisa. I really wish we lived closer to eachother. Even though we have not seen them since 2006, we just picked up where we left off. I don't care who you are, as soon as you meet these two, you instantly fall in love with them. They are some of the most nicest, genuine, honest, and funny people you will ever come across. I seriously feel so blessed that they are Jack's Godparents and will always be a part of our life.
So, for the first few hours after arriving at the Crestmont, we just did some catchup. Had some wine and cheese and hung out in one of the rooms. After a while, we went to the local icecream shop which also serves meals and had dinner. The next day the rest of the guest arrived. It was mainly family, included Marc's two brothers and their spouses. Lisa's brother and his wife, along with another couple -Michele and Ryan. Although, before they all arrived we all went on a hike up to a waterfall. I can't say enough, how beautiful this place is. I really hope we can go back again. So, after everyone arrived we all went back to get ready for the next set of events. Basically it was a wedding shower for Lisa at her aunts house, and the boys went to Lisa's parents place for some male bonding. When the boys came to pick us up for the rehearsal dinner every single one of them was wearing a "game over" teeshirt. Even Lisa's 80 year old gpa. Rehearsal dinner was amazing, and then we all went back to the B&B and crashed. July 4th was the wedding. I had to get up very early so I could get ready before getting Lisa ready. The wedding was at 10am up on the mountain, so needless to say we didn't have a ton of time. Lisa was insanely beautiful. Marc looked amazing and the whole wedding just turned out so well. That night there was a huge firework show and we all just hung out together and had a blast. Sunday most of the guest went home, but Vic, Michele, Ryan, Lisa, Marc, Marc's parents and I stayed and went swimming in the river. So, so much fun. Finally, Monday we had to come home. I think I could have stayed another week, but I was missing Jack like crazy. I knew he was in good hands, but this was my first time really being away from him. This has turned into a crazy long post, but I will end it with a ton of pics from the weekend. Seriously, one of the best 4th of July's I have ever had! Congrats Marc and Lisa!!

2 comments:
That sounds like a cool little town. Her wedding dress was so pretty. Fun Trip!!
Christie- I love and hate this post. I love it because you did such a good job recapping a fun time but I hate it because it makes my heart hurt. I miss you and Vic so much already. Thanks for being such dedicated and loyal friends to Marc and me. Lots of love, Lisa xo
Post a Comment