Sunday, September 5, 2010

A whole lot of nothing, Part II

That is right folks, things at Jack's house has been pretty quiet. Besides me trying to keep my sanity with a two year old, things have been good. I am still "claiming" single parenthood, till Sept 20th. That is when Vic's (outside of work) contract is due. I rarely see my husband these days, and will feel like I am having a vacation when he is home to help out. I have been trying to stay outdoors with our last days of summer. I know we will be stuck inside once it gets cold out, so I plan activities for Jack and Jaidyn every day. We have gone back to Lehi to the dinosaur exhibit, to the zoo, to Union Station to see the trains (Jack has become obsessed with Thomas the Train), different parks, and countless bike rides. I am also getting ready for our little road trip up North. My mom, Jack, Jaidyn and I are packing up and heading to MN a week from Thursday. I am excited my mom is coming with me this time. She will be able to help with all Jack's craziness, since she is use to it. Haha. Vic and I also decided on taking a trip to Iowa in Oct. I know, I know, what the HELL is in Iowa?? That's easy, some of our best friends, Marc and Lisa. This will be our second 5 day vacation without him since he was born, and the thought of it is already killing me. He makes me want to slam my head into the wall repeatedly, but he is my life. I love my high strung, anal, loud mouth child. Both grandma's are taking turns with babysitting duty. Haha, after a few hours with the Jack attack, you don't even want to move off your bed. So we had to break up the babysitting for 2 days at a time. Hopefully the grandparents will still be standing after the 5 days. Oh yeah, and yesterday we almost had to make a run to the emergency room. Jack, God only knows how, pulled my dresser down on top of him. The brunt of the damage went to his shin, and was skinned up pretty bad. I think the shock of the whole thing was the kicker though. After his ankle started to swell a little, I was concerned we needed to take him to the doctor, but after he calmed down and just cuddled with me, the tears and swelling all went away. After an hour, he was up and running again. Although every time he sees his scratch, he freaks again. I have had to start putting long pants or long sock on him so he can't see it. At this moment in time, I feel like Jack's life will be lived in the "time out" chair." We make multiple trips to it throughout the day, and I guess it is just not "clicking", cause as soon as he is allowed to get up, he repeats his crimes. Ahhhh. Any suggestions would be great, on how to get your toddler to mind!!

1 comment:

Robin said...

Oh poor Jack! I'm glad he wasn't seriously hurt. Good luck!