I feel like my life goes a thousand miles an hour, but when I sit to write and reflect, I can't think of a darn thing I have done! This week has just not been very eventful. Let's see...our big screen TV died on us two weeks ago (we bought this almost 11 years ago while we were just dating). It will still play DVDs, but TV no more. Vic found a nice flat screen while browsing online while he was at work. I was instructed to go to Walmart and get that exact TV...."don't you dare upgrade it babe, is what he kept saying!!" Am I that predictable? Well, I call my mother in law to ask if I can use her SUV to haul the TV home, she says "of course", and right when I am about to pack up and take off, she calls me back and tells me that she just talked with my father-in-law in Romania and he says to just give us one of their 3 huge flat screen TVs. Um...yahoo! She was more than happy with this, since she hated having one in her bedroom blocking her window. So we are now the proud owners of a insanely nice TV which looks incredibly modern compared to our dinosaur of a big screen. Oh another thing, regarding the TV. I made my mom go with me to IKEA to get a TV stand. Doesn't sound like a big deal, right? Well, it happened to be during a hail storm, and raining so hard you couldn't really see the car in front of you. He he he... I think she just now knows to be more cautious when accepting my invites. You really never know what I will do any given day, since I come up with activities 10 min before I leave to do them. I put together that damn TV stand all by myself, and let me tell you, it was a bitch. I am not one for much profanity, but this piece of Swedish furniture got more explicits out of my mouth than I have said in my entire lifetime. It was a good thing Jack was sound asleep, or his next word would have probably given me a lot of explaining to do. Yes, I probably could have just waited till Vic came home the next day to put it all together, but it is me we are talking about. I put together Jack's crib, by myself when I was 8 months pregnant while Vic was at work. I can't stand stuff sitting in boxes waiting to be put together. My mom and Vic's mom think I am crazy that I take on all these "man" projects alone. But I can tell you this, I can leave dirty dishes in the sink just fine, till Vic comes home to do them. :) We kind of have reverse roles in this household. Give me all the manual labor, as long as I do not have to do those horrible dishes. So I guess I wrote more than I thought. The rest of the week was this: playing at the park, going to the Tree House Museum, helping out Cathie with buying Jaidyn's Fall attire, planning a trip to MN with my mom and the kids, and waking up every morning battling a sore throat. To seeing what I can come up with next week!
1 comment:
I had the same experience putting my bed together by myself. I was slightly hungover and just wanted to lay in it. I got sicker and sicker over the 2 hours it took and pretty much sobbed while I put the last 10 or so screws in. Damn you ikea!
Post a Comment