Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Jack's first day of preschool

Last night Vic and I kept talking about school with Jack.  He was so pumped and excited for school.  We got him books on starting school, and tried to tell him how cool his little uniform is (haha).  This morning he woke up at 6:15am and screamed "SCHOOL TIME!!"  Then follwed by "I HAVE TO GO POTTY MAMA, GET UP!!"  Oh the joys of parenthood.  I got up, helped him with his business then told him he had to eat a good breakfast before school.  He requested dinosaur oatmeal and chocolate milk.  Haha, whatever works.  I had to have him there by 8:15am and this first day I got to stay with him.  It was only for an hour, just to get him use to the room.  Well, to put it simply, Jack was kind of awful.  He didn't want to listen to any of the teachers, he yelled, and would share.  I just cringed.  I knew this was going to be difficult, because:
1.) He is the youngest in his class.  There is a very big maturity difference between early 3s and almost 4s.  
2.) He is the most independent, strong willed, and active child I know
But, the teachers just came over to me and said it is "ok".  He will just need a little extra time and guidance and within a few months I will see a big difference.  They commented on how smart he is, and that he does have an attention span, but he just wants to run and run and run.  The whole not sharing thing is classic behavior for his age, but with continual instruction he will get better and better.  She said that we are a team, and it was the best decision to put Jack in 3yr old preschool.  I guess time will tell.  Tomorrow will be his first  3hr day without me.  After seeing how he was today, I am going to be a nervous wreck when I pick him up at 11 tomorrow.  Luckily one of Jack's best attributes is that he is not shy, and he has charisma.  He can make friends with anyone, and most kids want to do what he wants.  I have watched him at the playground with random kids, and he can somehow get kids 1 or 2 years older to follow him.  Please send extra good thoughts to his teachers, Miss Kristie and Miss Erin.  These two are saints.  
 Sporting his Waterford attire.  He also has a little fleece with the Waterford logo he wears in the morning when it is cold. 
 I tried to find the coolest loafers I could.  I have to still make him look snazzy since he has to wear a uniform!
 Uncle Chad's mini me
Watching some cartoons before leaving for school

No comments: