This last week I have been struggling emotionally about my dad. When I saw him for the first time after his surgery (just this last Thurs) I was in shock. He has lost so much weight, and that is in just the two weeks he was gone in AZ. I honestly don't know how much more his body can handle. I randomly just break down and bawl. This is the hardest thing I have ever had to cope with. I cannot express the hatred I have for cancer. No one deserves to suffer through this. This disease has morphed my dad into someone I would have never recognized a year ago. It is just happening so fast. Last year at this time, we all thought he was perfectly healthy. He was an active father and grandpa. Now he can barely walk or get off the couch. The pain he is constantly in is unimaginable. I wish I could take it all away. My dad and I along with him with Chad and Cathie have had our ups and downs. But no matter what, the love I have for him has never faltered. This man would do anything for his children. I heard a Rascal Flatts song on the radio the other day, and it reminds me of this uphill battle we are all fighting. I want him to know he is not alone and we will fight this to whatever end happens. I love you dad.
Like a waterfall in slow motion, Part One
3 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment