This post will not have any pics, because my camera has gone kaput! I got my camera as gift around the time Jack was born, and I kid you not, I have used it every single day since. This kid will never have problems with finding pictures of his past. It seems, though, that when one thing breaks, everything starts breaking. So far this month our desktop has fried, my camera stopped working, and my laptop (Vic's old one) died. So....Vic has spoiled me. He bought me new laptop which I am typing on right now, and just last night he ordered me a new camera. He knows how important taking pictures of Jack is to me, so he didn't waste any time. He also bought me, for my birthday, a small pocket size video camera. We have some pretty cute things already recorded of Jack, and after the little goober goes to bed, you can catch me and Vic watching our baby with the biggest smiles on our faces. Haha, we are such parents! It use to be us watching funny you tube videos and now it is home videos of our son.
Speaking of Jack (of course, right?) he has grown a lot lately. I just barely bought him some new shoes and he has almost outgrown them. I cannot believe it. His last pair lasted him 6 months, this pair -almost two. Crazy growing baby. We have also been outside every single day lately. It has been insanely nice outside, and he loves the park behind our house. He makes friends with every kid that is there too. He will go up to them and try to give them a "high 5" or "knuckles". These other kids just look at him like he is crazy, while me and Vic are busting up laughing. I think Jack is a little like me that way. I try to make friends with all the parents at the playground. I figure, if our kids are going to live next to eachother, might as well get to know one another. This last week, I have made friends with about 7 other moms at the playground, and I think Jack thinks that since I am talking to them, they must be ok. He will go up to random moms, and reach out and ask them to hold him. He has tried taking a popsicle out of one's hand, and I caught him poking around another's diaper bag yesterday. Have I said recently, my kid does not have a shy bone in his body? I guess the next life lesson I need to teach him is "boundaries"!
On a different subject, Jack is a monkey. The crazy thing is, when he was first born, he grabbed the nurses tags with his feet and wouldn't let go. We called him our monkey from the very beginning and he has not changed. He climbs EVERYTHING -even things we thought were out of his reach. Besides the normal climbing of couches, rocking chairs, Jaidy's walker, the gate to our stairs and our tall kitchen chairs; he has now taken on more difficult obstacles. Yesterday, Vic was playing with him upstairs in our loft, and Jack climbed up to the handle bars on our elliptical. Vic was right there in case he fell, but with a couple of steps helped by daddy, Jack was now on top of the handle bars holding onto Vic's shoulders for support. How in the world!?! Yesterday, he tried to climb the shelves in the fridge and is also hoisting himself to the top of the crib. So this weekend we are transforming the crib to the toddler bed. I am dreading this, but I knew we would have to do it some time soon. I love that all my mom will say in support of my wild child is, "you sure do have your hands full, it will probably get a lot worse the older he gets so good luck with that." Haha "thanks, mom, thanks."
Like a waterfall in slow motion, Part One
3 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment