I know, I know, I am not really someone who uses that word, but 2011 brings it out of me. And, come to find out, this was the name of my surprise from Vic. Vic has been hinting he had this huge surprise for me that combined Christmas, with my 8yr anniversary and New Years. He told me he was going to take a week off of work, but only some of the time I would have to find a sitter for Jack. Are you confused? Cause I sure was. If Vic took a week off of work, I assumed we were going somewhere, but when he threw in only partial babysitting, I was stumped. He didn't even tell me when this "surprise" was going to start. Dec 27th came, and I figured since this was our anniversary, it would start. Nope. All we did was go out to dinner with Jack and get some ice cream. Don't get me wrong, I loved it. I just love being with my husband and son. I feel like my heart is smiling. The next day, Vic got up and went to work. So, confused as ever, when he left he said, "Your surprise starts today, you may want to pick up around the house, and get ready." Then he went on to say, "Not that I care if you get ready, but you will probably care." So, Jack and I cleaned the house. I put Jack down for his nap around 3, then I started on laundry in my room. I got a call from Vic saying, "Stay in your room till I come and get you." In my head I am thinking "this just keeps getting weirder and weirder." So, finally Vic comes home and after a few minutes comes into our room with his video camera. He says, "Its' time!" I follow him out to the living room, where there are two huge boxes. I had ZERO idea what it could be. So when I bent down to pick up the first box, I was SHOCKED to see one of my best friends, Lisa, pop out of the box. Instantly we just hugged and held each other for a while. Poor Marc, Lisa's husband, was stuck in the other box till Lisa and I let go. These two people are some of my favorite people. Vic and I met them in Indiana, while Vic and Marc were in grad school together. Since moving back to Utah, we don't get to see them very often, but we remain such good friends. Vic and I flew out to their wedding in PA in 2009, then in 2010 we flew to see them in Iowa where they now live. Apparently, Vic, Marc and Lisa have been conspiring since Oct, when they found out about my dad, that they wanted to bring in the New Year with me, and make sure I had a good time. They did not disappoint. Vic had something planned for every day. It was what I needed. Surprisingly, on New Year's Eve, we just decided to stay home. We ate some leftovers, drank champagne , played games and just laughed. It was perfect. So, with all the tragedy of 2011, we started 2012 with amazing friends and a lot of laughter. I pray that this year will follow suit. Happy New Years.

Lisa and Marc
Jess
Pre New Year's Eve part...some of the crew
Ana and Charles, who flew in from FL
Sarah and Lisa reminiscing about Indiana days
Marc caught a bug, and had a stomach flu the whole time. He still managed to participate in everything
Jack had Lisa and Marc out on the trampoline. Jack adores his God parents.
Lisa was teaching Jack some moves
No comments:
Post a Comment