Saturday, August 13, 2011

Finishing off the festivities...

Since Vic had to work every day, and still wanted to do a family activity with Jack for his birthday, we decided to finish off the birthday festivities with taking Jack to Cherry Hill today.  This was Jack and Vic's first time there,  and only my second, the first being when I was 7.  We had a blast.  I feel that place is geared towards younger kids, but very family oriented.  We started off in the Lazy River where I got in an inner-tube, Vic plopped Jack down on my stomach and Vic just held on the tube from behind.  There was such a shortage of tubes since it was so crowded, that Vic said he would rather just hold on to us and push us through the mass of people.  Since we haven't done this before, we thought the Lazy River was just a nice relaxing loop, but every once in a while they turn on the over head water and you get drenched by buckets, waterfalls, water cannons, and random sprinklers.  As soon as this happened, Jack scrunched up on my lap as small as he could go, I was worried we were going to get a full on freak out, but he just started laughing.  He loved it!  When the water turned off, he goes "hey, where water go?  Come back please."  Haha, he had a few of the old ladies oogling after him.  I am sure he was more terrified of them, and worried they were going to pinch his cheeks than the water dumping on his head.  Of course we went and played on the pirate ship, then Jack's favorite spot was the regular pool.  He was so happy he could touch the bottom and have his head above the water in in the 2.5ft section.  He just walked back and forth to the stair cases with this triumphant smile on his face.  After the pool we headed over to check out the dragon water slide.  I am so impressed that he had the guts to go on it.  He sat with me, and Vic went down the other slide and when we got to the bottom he yelled "Whoa that was fun!"  Vic came out then and said that he flipped off his mat in the first 5 seconds and was tossed around the slide the entire time.  Haha.  Oh man, I wish I could have seen that.   After some lunch and more lazy river, Jack informed us he was tired.  So we packed up and came home.  Two minutes into the drive home, he was out cold and slept till 5:30.  I think the sun really wore him out.  This was such a good ending to his birthday week!

No comments: