This weekend was pretty relaxing. Saturday, Vic and I got up for our usual run. Poor Vic doesn't even get a work out when he runs with me. I can run 3 miles, and he can run 10, so to make running more of a workout for himself when we go, he runs on his tip toes to work out his calves. Talk about feeling like an inadequate runner when you want to die at the end of your run, and your spouse is laughing saying that wasn't even a work out. Saturday my dad was also feeling much better. He is still in pain, but the nausea from the chemotherapy has worn off, so he wanted to get out of the house and go for a drive. He asked to go and see our new house, so I took him and my mom down to Lehi to show them. Thank goodness both Vic's dad and my dad approved, or we would be hearing about it for some time. I think my dad is more excited that I live 2 min from Cabela's. He said he can now mult-task when he comes to visit, which makes him want to come and visit more often. We'll see. My dad hates driving out of his comfort zone, and Lehi is pretty far out of that zone. Of course, after showing my parent's the house, we had to go to Cabela's for lunch. I think I have been in a Cabela's only once before. Not my kind of a store, but I think Jack will get a kick out of the aquarium and all the animals. Dad is like a kid in a candy store when he is there. This is totally his favorite store. After prying my dad away....an hour later, we went home. We had a planned BBQ with Vic's parents that night.
Sunday, Vic got up and went to work, and Jack and I just had a lazy day at home. We watched movies, I cleaned and did some laundry. We went for a run after he woke from his nap. Nothing too exciting, which is actually a small blessing after all the trauma and drama we have experienced this year. We also got approved for our house, so that is a HUGE stress relief. I never want to go through the stress of buying a house again!!! Having a quiet weekend is just what I needed! Now on to planning a fun day for Jack on Wed, he turns 3!!! I am not even going to get into where the time has gone and how I am having anxiety that he starts school in a month. These last three years have been a whirlwind, and I am so glad I have been able to document everything, or I would have forgotten so much of his life already. We will have a big birthday party for him/house warming party, but we are postponing it till we get moved into the new house (which we are hoping to do in two weeks!)
Like a waterfall in slow motion, Part One
3 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment