Thursday, March 31, 2011

On to Arizona

My dad's body scan results came back yesterday.  He does have a few more tumors.  They are located in his muscles, liver and a new one forming on his tongue.  We were told he is in the 4th stage of cancer.  He and my mom are leaving on Monday to The Cancer Institute in Arizona.  Since no one in Utah is familiar with Granular Cell Tumors, they have no idea how to begin treating them.  That is why when he found out in AZ they had worked with them before, he immediately wanted to go.  I am very happy my dad is being proactive on this.  It is hard no matter what angle you look at it.  He is terrified, telling my mom in bed at night how scared he is and how he doesn't want to die.  We are all having such a hard time with this, but I can't imagine being in his shoes.  He is still staying very strong, and I can joke with him.  But, more and more, he will leave and go up to his room to get away from the noise and all the people.  I love you so much dad.  We are not giving up, we are going to do anything we can to fight this. I honestly thought I was done crying.  I thought I couldn't have any more tears inside of me.  But I just fall apart randomly.  I have been so strong all this week, and now today its not even 8am, and I can already tell it will be a rough day.  I think finding out he is in the 4th stage of cancer was a punch in the gut.  You know it isn't good when there are only a total of 5 stages.  With all this being said, we firm believers that miracles can happen and God can answer prayers.  Please don't stop praying.

1 comment:

Just the three of us said...

Dave is in our Family prayers every night as well as the rest of the Family. Stay strong!