Wednesday, March 2, 2011

$%*^(&)*(^$$#



The title sums up how my day has been going.  Before Jaidyn showed up, I had to run to the post office and bank.  Jack literally screamed so hard the entire time he started to hyperventilate.  As soon as I got home, he stopped.  He kept touching his face, so I am thinking a molar might be coming in, so I gave him som pain meds to calm him down.  I never imagined he could be more naughty or harder to handle than he was for this last year, but if today is any indication of how his three's will be, I am in BIG trouble.  Seriously, my sanity and Jack's well being are at risk.  Now factor Jaidy into the picture.  She looks up to her big cousin, and does whatever he is doing no matter if it is good or bad.  If Jack slams his bread with peanut butter face down on the table, so will she.  (Which just happened as I am writing this.)  Before sitting down for lunch, though, I needed to swap some laundry out, and put another load in.  I was gone for less than 3 minutes.  When on my way down the stairs, I see Jaidy just looking at me.  Then I see Jack's head, and as I progress down the stairs, I see my ENTIRE staircase and downstairs floor covered in dog food.  Let's just say some choice words were shouted, a time out ensued, and after I calmed down and took the kids out of time out, I made them pick up every last piece of dog food off the floor.  Yes I could have just vacuumed it all up, but 1- dog food is insanely expensive and 2-these kids need to learn the consequences of what they do.  I really dont' care that they are only one and two years old.  I think at least Jack got it through his head that what he did was very bad.  After he picked up all the mess, he looked at me and said "no touch dog food mommy."
Seriously, though, these pictures don't even due the mess justice.  It was everywhere; in blankets in the couch, in shoes.  How in the world can these two twirps do that in 3 minutes.  I am baffled.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think that it is totally acceptable to make them pick up the dog food. Hopefully they'll learn and not do it again!