Thursday, March 17, 2011

Waterford preschool screening day!

Today Jack had his preschool 3's screening.  I am not going to lie, I have been nervous about this day for such a long time.  After a ton of research, I have fallen in love with The Waterford school.  It is a private school down in Sandy, UT.  I love everything it stands for, and all the experiences it gives it's students.  With that being said, since Jack's birthday is Aug 10, and the cutoff date for this class is Sept 1, he is going to be the youngest in his class.  I was really worried about how he would do with the other kids, if he would obey the teachers, throw a tantrum, etc.  At the moment he is only 2.5yrs old, so who knows what stunt he could have pulled.  But....he rocked it.  I worried over nothing.  Of course he was the one kid that wouldn't sit and just play with one toy for 30 min, he had to test everything in the room.  Then when story time came, I was really sweating, because Jack hates structure of any kind.  I looked at Vic when the teacher said "ok everyone, come sit down on the rug."  But, Jack did really well, he sat down on my lap and listened to a story of a train (which helped a lot.)  The teach asked what color the pieces of the train were, and before she got her sentence out, Jack yelled "RED, ORANGE, YELLOW, BLUE, GREEN, PURPLE, BLACK!!!"  No other kid said anything, then Jack proceeded to count all the train cars.  I was so proud of him.  I could hear Vic laughing behind me.  I have said it many times, my son is not shy at all.  Then it was over.  It was so fast!  I guess we will see soon if he is at the maturity level to start preschool this year.  Regardless, I am so proud of him!  Oh, and FYI that pic of only me is because Jack caught me off guard.  I kid you not, my son at 2 years of age, knows more technology than me.  He also figured out how to take pictures on his DS before Vic and I ever knew that thing could take pics. 

1 comment: