Well my little boy turned two yesterday. It is completely bittersweet. I love watching him grow and evolve, but HATE that he is growing up so fast. No more is he a baby, he is for sure a little boy. He is the most strong willed, determined, and smart kid I have every seen. At the same time he is very loving, funny and goofy. He can make me want to rip out my hair and scream at the top of my lungs at one moment, then give me a smile that melts my heart the next. He knows how to push my buttons, and he does it with a little evil smile on his face the entire time. With all this being said, I would not trade him for anything. He is my heart, soul, my being. I will do anything for him. I don't think anyone can grasp a mother's love for her child. Yes, you hate waking up in the middle of the night, but when all he wants is a big hug and kiss and to be told "everything is ok" nothing compares to that moment of him holding you around your neck and saying "mama". I can admit I hate the fact that I can never get any "me" time. He even tries to crawl on my lap while I am going to the bathroom. Vic tries to help, when he is home, but Jack is such a mama's boy, Vic can't even help. But at the end of the day, I really wouldn't want it any other way. I find that during his naps, I miss him. If I am gone too long without him, I miss him. I figured out that not only does he need me, but I need him in my life as well. I really cannot remember how is was just two years ago, when he didn't exist. Did I really have time to get ready during the day? Was I able to just go downstairs and not automatically get a cup of milk out and turn on cartoons? I may have had more freedom two years ago, but my life was a lot more empty. My little boy is everything to me, and I am so happy I am his mama. Happy Birthday, my little bug.
Like a waterfall in slow motion, Part One
3 years ago

1 comment:
Happy Birthday, Jack!
Post a Comment