Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Pushing his limits!

Oh what a day I had yesterday. Ha Ha Ha. First of all, thank you Robin for inviting me to come with. I think on any other day or a different time, it would have gone a little smoother. But in the end, Jack did have a lot of fun seeing all the animals and playing in the kid's room.
So my day started with the invite to Thanksgiving Pointe. We planned on going to the animal farm and also to the huge dinosaur museum. Well, I tried to weigh the pros and cons of going, and I decided Jack would love going (even if was exactly at his nap time.) Shame on me, is all I can say. I called my mother-in-law to see if she wanted to come with. I told her I was about to take off to go out and buy a double stroller for Jack and Jaidy. She wanted to come with to go shopping as well, so after packing the kids up in her SUV, we headed out to Target and BabiesRUs. Jack didn't want to stay in the cart, and threw major tantrums the entire time (this should have been a clue to me for how the rest of my day was going to go). By the time we were on our way to Syracuse to meet up at Robin's house, me and Titia were already ready to go home and nap. But at least I got the stroller, and a car seat for Jaidyn to keep in my car for her. It is such a pain to transfer car seats all the time (especially now that she is in the toddler seats). Jaidyn fell asleep instantly, but Jack refused. It was about noon at this time, and I prayed that Jack would sleep on our way to Provo. Nope. Thank goodness Gma Titia was with us. Jack was very ornery, and he didn't want to sit in his new stroller with Jaidyn. We went to the animal farm first, and he did pretty well. After a tantrum for putting him in the stroller, he calmed down and let me push him around. The problems were: 1. It was close to 100 degrees outside 2. It was $2 Tuesday, which means it was VERY crowded, and 3. Jack hadn't slept a wink all day. Gma went and bought Jack and Jaidy a popsicle, which helped for a few minutes. We ended up staying for about 2 hrs, but after many meltdowns, we decided to take off. We didn't even get to see the dino museum, but we will for sure go back. This time in the fall, and before his nap. Haha. With everything that happened, I wouldn't change my decision to go. Jack did love seeing everything, and Jaidyn was very good. Jack still didn't sleep a wink for the entire drive home, and only took a 45 min nap in his bed. We made homemade pancakes for dinner, and he went back to bed. He slept from 8pm to 8:30am, I am thinking he was slightly tired. I crashed at 9pm last night. I think I was slightly tired as well. I now know, that Jack is a very scheduled baby, and I am ok with that. I am the one that has made him that way. I just have to plan everything around his sleep schedule and know that he cannot go without his nap! Here is to making memories and seeing how far you can push the limits!

No comments: