Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Filled out and sent!


I just sent Jack's application to Waterford for nursery three's. This is a private school in Sandy that starts Jack at 3yrs old and he goes till he graduates high school. This has been a huge debate at our house on whether to send Jack to this school or not. I think Vic's dad has been telling me to look into Waterford since he found out I was pregnant. He has even offered to pay the tuition not just for Jack, but for all our future children. This was another deciding factor. This schools tuition is on board with most colleges, Vic and I would never be able to afford Jack going there without Vic's parents offereing to pay. I feel that if there is a means to put Jack in the best school, I would almost feel guilty not doing it. Both Vic and I are on the fence about it, but it is rated the number one school in all of Utah for academics. Most kids graduate and go on to Ivy league schools. This school has a full athletic department, which is a big deal for me because of Jack already showing his abilities in athletics. With all that being said, we still want Jack to have a normal public school experience, so this has been a back and forth debate for quite a while. We finally decided to submit Jack's application for nursery three's and if he gets accepted we will go from there. This will uproot our lives. We will have to move to Sandy (which is one hour south of us and our families) by next school year. To me, it is crazy to think we will move away for my son's preschool, but he is the most important thing in our lives, and if it is the best decision for him, we will do it. Also, it will be better for Vic, who drives to downtown SLC every day. That takes 2hrs from his time with Jack. Moving to Sandy will be mabye 40min a day. I still can't wrap my head around all the changes this next year will bring, but we are going into it full force! Pure Craziness!

1 comment:

Robin said...

Good luck! I hope he gets in! But you'll still have to come see us all the time! Sandy's not too far.