Thursday, June 10, 2010

Been a little sick...

So the reason I haven't had a chance to write for a while, is because I have been coughing my brains out. Seriously, I have not been this sick for about 7yrs. I started getting a sore throat last Tues, by Thurs I had a fever and cold sweats, and Saturday I woke up to a double ear infection. I was not looking forward to the drive one bit, but I actually thought it wasn't too bad, until Jack started coming down with my cold midway. We stayed the night with my brother and Krista in Sioux Falls then got up mega early and drove to Denver on Monday. The plan was for Jack and I to spend the night in Denver and start out early to Ogden on Tues. Well I might be a little insane, I blame the cold meds, but I decided to just drop Mandy off in Denver and push on through. I just wanted to be home in my own bed. So after leaving Sioux Falls at 2:30am, getting into Denver around 1:00pm I drove straight through to Ogden and got home around 9:30pm Monday night. Jack did amazing. I just made sure he had a DVD on, and his little cup full of pretzels and he was a happy camper. Oh the best part of the trip, only 15 miles to my home, I get pulled over. Apparently, I was going a little too fast. I just wanted to get HOME!!! But once the cop came and asked for my license and heard my lack of voice, and that I had been driving for almost 24hrs, he let me off. Wahoo. I made it home and totally surprised Vic. He was so happy to see us, especially Jack, who just crawled onto Vic's lap and pretty much fell asleep.
So now we are home, still sick, but home. I loved seeing all my family in MN, and even though I got the flu, I would still have done it all over again. I do plan on making the trek every year. Next year won't be quite so hard on me, since Vic and the entire family will be going down for Chad's wedding. What's next? Well, all the dirty laundry from the trip needs to be washed, and pretty much the entire house needs a cleaning since I left it alone to boys for 10 days. Fantastic.

3 comments:

chubbiechemist said...

Oh no! Did you go through Lincoln, NE? I might kill you if it weren't for you being terribly sick! Hope you feel better!

Robin said...

I cannot believe you drove all that with just you and your baby! Especially being sick! I know how it is though, there's no place like home! :)

Janiel said...

Oh I glad you are feeling better - I had that too....WOW trooper for driving that whole way!