I am assuming most kids sleep with their blankies and teddie bears. Not my son. Yes, he does still love his soccer blankie, and will not sleep without it. Now, however, there is an addition to his sleeping routine. He has to cuddle his basketball. I kid you not, he holds it just like a teddy bear with one arm, and with the other he cuddles his blankie by his face. At first I thought this was just a one time deal. Nope, tonight marks the 5th consecutive time he finds his basketball, brings it upstairs with him, and goes to sleep with it. This is after, of course, Vic or I having to hold him so he can make 10 dunks in a row. (He has a basketball hoop mounted on one of his bedroom walls.) If he really does become an athlete later in life, I think this is a very cute story to remind him of his beginning. I will have to try to get some pictures of him cuddling his basketball, but being as how it is a naptime/bedtime thing, I think a bright flash may be annoying to him. We'll see.
No comments:
Post a Comment