Vic and I lost a dear friend of ours this week. He had been battling brain cancer for about 3 years, and the cancer won this last Sunday. Last night was his memorial, and it was so good to see his wife Karen. All I can say is, this woman is amazing. I hope I never have to be in her situation, but if I unfortunately do, she will be my inspiration. Last night she kept it together, as everyone came and teared up. There was a whole table of pictures devoted to Ben, and that was such a good thing to see. He was always smiling, and never had anything bad to say about anyone. It makes me sad to think I will never be able to see or tease him again, but I know he is in a better, pain free place. Vic has had a hard time with this. Every time he was updated about Ben's condition, he would come home in tears. He would just hold me and Jack, and tell us repeatedly how much he loves us. We have been giving eachother and Jack extra kisses and hugs every day, because you just don't know what tomorrow will bring. Vic also would like to name our next son (if or when we ever have one) after Ben, whose full name is Benjamin Oliver York. He says it is a good way to keep his memory alive. I cannot think of a better decision. So one of these days, we will have ourselves a little Oliver Chelaru -and he will definitely grow up to know what an amazing man he was named after.
No comments:
Post a Comment