Thursday, August 28, 2008

Jack hates daytime naps!







So Jack has decided to veto his daytime naps. If he does fall asleep it is for maybe 30 min at a time. For sure not enough time for me to get anything done in the house. Today, however, Jack had his 2 wk check at the pediatrician office. He did so well, visiting with my friend Robin, then going to my work and meeting everyone there. He even did well and was still wide awake during most of the doctor exam. Then came the part that ripped out my heart. They had to take blood from his heal and it was the worst cry I have ever heard. I just wanted to take him and run away from that nurse. She sat there and pumped like 10 drops of blood out! Evil!! Luckily my sister was with me and got Jack out to the car while I finished up making return appointments. He was still screaming when I got to the car, but once the car went into gear he was out. He slept so well, for a little over an hour! Wahoo! So I decided to push my luck further and took him to my grandma's house so she could spend some time with him. Of course he woke up when we got there, but I let her feed and burp him and he fell asleep in her arms -and is still sleeping at this moment. That is like a two hour nap, I can't believe it! So right now he is still in his car seat which I put in the playpen. I know once I actually get up to start doing something he will be wide awake.

So back to his doctor visit, he has gained an entire pound in two weeks. He is now at 8.75lbs. He has only grown a quarter of an inch so he is 20 3/4". I was worried about how much food he is consuming, he is a little heffer! He eats 3oz every feeding then at night he downs 4oz!! She said that it was perfectly normal and it is good for him to eat that much. So I guess I will keep doing it, but I am hoping he doesn't turn out looking like the michelan tire man! I am posting a few more pictures, one of his bath last night (the first he didn't cry over) and another of him sleeping right now in the carseat!

No comments: