Ok, lets start this post when I am coming home from MN on Dec 23rd. My flight started in a very small airport in Grand Forks, ND. This airport is so small it only has two gates. We thought being there an hour in advance was more than enough time since I checked in online. OMG. I had to wait in security for 45 min, then just run to get on the plane. I guess everybody wanted to get out of the frigid north for Christmas. After landing in Minneapolis, I had a 2 hr wait. I found my gate just fine, and still had some time to kill, so I decided to have some dinner. On returning to my departing gate, with about 30 min to hang out, I find they changed my gate from C10 to freaking G8. This means, I had to haul ass across the airport. I make it, only to find they overbooked my flight by 5 people. We had to wait an hour for 5 people to give up their seats (which no one wanted to do since everyone was going somewhere for Christmas. I think Delta got up to giving away $700 plus a free flight, they were pretty desperate!) So we are now an hour late when we start boarding. I look outside and we are in the middle of a white out blizzard. Awesome. We have to wait another 2hrs sitting on the plane in a line to get de-iced. Then another 40 min for our turn to take off. I make it home 3:30am Utah time, only to find Vic accidentally locked me out. He wouldn't answer the phone, cause he was asleep (my cousin picked me up.) I ended up having to throw rocks at the window to wake him up. I think I finally fall asleep around 4:30am, and just like an alarm clock, my son wakes up at 7:30am. He wants nothing to do with Vic, just started screaming "Mommy, mommy, mommy!" I am not going to lie, I was dying to see him as well. I have never been away from him that long, so I let him curl up next to me in bed and we turn on Cars. Vic ran and got us some breakfast, and we just spend the morning being cozy and (personally delirious from lack of sleep). That afternoon, after Jack's nap we had a big Christmas Even dinner at my mom and dad's. Everyone was there, including all my family plus Vic's. Vic kept the babies entertained by bringing Mario Kart. Food was delish, but I was having a hard time keeping my eyes open. So, of course, instead of going straight home to sleep, I decide to go to Willard to take the light's tour. I am so glad we did. Jack LOVED this. I let him crawl onto my lap in the front seat, and roll the window down. He kept his head out the window and just shouted "SANTA, WOW, LIGHTS, MAMA, DADDY LOOK" . I think this will have to be a Christmas Eve tradition from now on. We actually ended up going through it twice because he was having so much fun. Upon getting home, we put Jack to bed, then still have to put out the "santa" gifts. I think by this time I am crawling to my bed, I am so tired.
Christmas morning, Jack woke up at his usual time of 7:30. I think he is starting to understand the excitement of Christmas a little. I told him Santa came and brought him toys. He booked it downstairs and couldn't get through everything fast enough. Vic sat down with him and slowly went through the toys while I started making a big Christmas breakfast, since my family was coming over to open presents. We were spoiled rotten. Jack and Jaidyn both sat in heaps of presents. I actually decided to put some of his presents away in the garage, and rotate them in throughout the year. After everything was opened and we ate, it was time to go to my Gma's for lunch and more presents. We, again, were spoiled. We took Jack home for his nap, then turned around and when to Vic's parent's for dinner. It was a really fun, but chaotic day. Vic and I got a blue ray player and the movie Inception, which we hadn't seen yet. So we crawled into bed and started to watch. I think I got a total of 5 min into the movie before I was out cold. This was a really busy and crazy Christmas, but I wouldn't have changed one minute of it. Merry Christmas!
Like a waterfall in slow motion, Part One
3 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment