Monday, December 13, 2010

The Absent Minded Engineer...

This morning while I was trying to sleep, Vic was already up packing his bag for his work down in Provo.  Well, I eventually got up as did Jack.  We are downstairs having some breakfast, when Vic comes down all ready to go.  He gives us the usual kiss, hugs and, of course, knuckles to Jack.  Then off he went.  Well, my dear husband keeps forgetting to charge his phone, so when I saw he left his duffel bag on the chair with three days of clothes in it, I knew he was just screwed.  He is the most absent minded man I know.  I think everyone who knows Vic would agree with me.  He is one of those guys who would freak out about loosing his glasses, and they would be on his head the entire time.  Anyways, I pack Jack up and decided to make a morning of it.  We drive the 90 min to Vic's office, Jack was excited to see daddy.  After going up and down the stairs about three times, Vic finally steers Jack outside where he starts to karate kick all the snow drifts along with yelling his usual "hiiiiiiii-ya".  After saying goodbye, I decided to take Jack to the huge dinosaur museum on our way home.  Jack has been here only once before and I had my niece Jaidyn with me, so it was a little harder to maneuver through the crowd.  Today, it was empty.  I think there was a total of two other families there looking at all the dinosaurs.  Jack absolutely loves this place, and that is putting it mildly.  Every fossil we passed he would say, "wow, mama, wow!"  I let him lead the way, and he brought me to every single exhibit there.  I think my favorite part was to witness the difference in him from the last time I took him there.  He has matured so much in this last month.  He is understanding right from wrong, and patience and courtesy.  He knows to hold my hand, and if I let him run and play in a "children's section" he would come up to me grab my hand and say "hand, mama" before we went on.  If we had to pass other kids or adults, he says "scuse me".   He even said "thank you" to the lady at the gift shop, when I let him pick out a small toy.  My baby is growing up so fast, and I am so proud of the little boy he is becoming!  Here is a photobooth pic of us.  My scanner isn't working so this is a picture of that picture.  Thats why it is a bit blurry.  Also, that is me sitting and Jack standing.  Apparently, this booth was made for giants.  Vic and Cathie would have had perfect shots!

No comments: