Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend














































This weekend we have been crazy busy. It has been a blast, though. Friday our friends PJ and Ty came over and we had a BBQ. I went overboard on the cooking, but if you know me, you know that is to be expected. Saturday, we went out boating with my family to Willard Bay. I was worried it would be cool cause of the overcast, but it was actually really nice out. I even dared my mom to get out on the tube, and she said she only would if I did. I don't think I have been tubing in 10 years! The water wasn't even that cold. So, us girls went out and tubed, while the wimpy boys stayed in the boat. My parents got Jack is own life jacket. I don't think he was too impressed, but was a good sport and kept it on the whole time. He was trying to crawl over me so he could see the propellers in the back. I swear, my kid could live in the water if I let him. It is a good thing I have him signed up for swimming lessons this summer. We had a little packed lunch out on the water, and it was so relaxing. I loved it. Vic had already been on a 5 mile run that morning, so he was a little worn out and just wanted to crash. Sunday we headed out to Vic's parents' house for another BBQ. My parents came as did my gma and gpa. The food was amazing, and it is so nice to have the whole family together.









Next week we take off on our trip, first to Denver then to MN. I am getting excited just thinking about it! I know I need to start packing a little at a time, but I loathe packing!! I am pretty good at procrastinating and doing everything the night before, but this time I have a kid I have to pack for, and I know that will be a chore. Plus, it is Cathie's birthday the day before we leave, so I know there will be a party that night. Speaking of Cathie, we think the baby has already dropped. We are getting nervous she won't make it to her due date. I just hope she keeps her legs crossed and doesn't have Jaidyn while I am gone in MN!!

1 comment:

The Smith's said...

How fun... we have hesitated taking our boat to Willard cause Justin heard it was really low, and way too buggy (it always is)... but it looks like you guys had a blast. Have fun on your trip!