Monday, May 11, 2009

What a weekend!





































This has been such a fun weekend. Not only was it Jack's 9 month birthday, it was my first Mother's Day! Friday, Jack, Cathie and myself went up to Vic's work to have lunch with him, always a good time trying to figure out how to keep the stinker still while we try to eat. Then after saying our goodbyes to daddy, we packed up and did some mother's day shopping. Well, I should say, me and Jack did. Cathie has a new texting "buddy" who she talks to NONSTOP now!!








Saturday, Vic and I took Jack to the zoo. HUGE MISTAKE!!! It was insanely busy!! They had a big special over it being Mother's Day weekend, which was nice, but the amount of screaming kids running everywhere made me and Vic do a quick loop and then we took off. We couldn't even maneuver our stroller through the crowds. After getting home, we turned around and went to a barbecue at our friend's house. They cook sooo good! I think Vic ate a week's worth of food, and now when they come over to my house I am going to feel very insecure at my cooking abilities. Sunday, we went and spent the day out at my mom and dad's. I helped my mom cook, while Jack cruised the kitchen in his walker with his "ninja sword" aka a soup ladle. I will get back to him in a sec, but the rest of Mother's day was really nice. I went for a long walk with mom and Jack, then we set up Jack's little frog pool in the back yard and he couldn't have had more fun. Just an nice, relaxing day.








Now for my Jack. My little stink turned 9 months yesterday. Wow!! He has completely changed from like a week ago. He has found his voice, and keeps it at full volume. Either yelling: "dadda, babba, bob, MAMMA (when he wants something) or the motor boat. He doesn't want to sit still, ever, cause come on, there is way too much to do and see. He loves to fly around in his walker at top speed and scare the dogs. Yesterday, while at my parent's, he had his "ninja sword" and kept trying to poke Koda through the crate. I think now the dogs see their crate at the torture chamber. Two seconds of that, and Koda knew better and booked it whenever Jack came into view. He still hasn't cut any teeth, but I am thinking it should be soon. He has found a new love for pretzel rods. He has never eaten anything hard until one day when I was eating one, he just took it out of my mouth and put it in his and now that is the best thing in his world. He is the best thing in mine and Vic's world. He will just look at us and crack up, and hearing his laugh and seeing his smile touches my heart like the first time I saw him. He is still a mamma's boy, where he now reaches his hands out to me when he wants me. He likes to give hugs and kisses (although his kisses are just his mouth coming down on your nose wide open, so you may sniff some spit, haha!) He also, still lets me rock him to sleep every night. This is something that will break my heart when he doesn't want it anymore. I love just staring into his face and watching his eyes get droopy, while he is brushing my cheek with his hand. This has been our nighttime routine since 8 weeks. I don't know why he finds comfort in touching my face while he falls asleep, but it is one of the most special moments of my day.



We love you, our little stinker, you are the best thing in mommy and daddy's world!

1 comment:

The Smith's said...

What a cool pool!! I kind of want one for me!