Jack has been doing amazing, he doesn't show any more signs of his MRSA. He does, however, have a really hard scar on his chin that has been causing me worry. I decided yesterday that I was going to bring him back to the pediatrician this week for a follow-up just to put my mind at ease. Well, me being the blonde I am, didn't put two and two together that I use to work at a dermatology office! Yes, hi there, hello! Luckily, I was talking to my friend Codi online and was telling her about when Jack had MRSA and she was all like "bring him in tomorrow morning!" So this morning we pack up and I bring Jack in to see Dr. Allen. He said everything looks good, and that the reason the scar is hard is because there is still inflamed cells underneath the skin. This should go away in a few months, and if the scar remained raised and hard, in Jan he can do something about it. He did take another culture of where the infection was, just on top of the skin, to see if there was still some MRSA there. I should find out in a few days. But he said that Jack looks really well and there is no reason for me to sanatize every 15 min!! Hahah! Basically, he told me to chill out in a very nice way. He even said it was ok for me to take Jack out of the house, and not freak out. I don't know about that one doc, we are still in RSV season. But, he did calm my nerves about MRSA and explained it in detail to me, saying it isn't as serious as the internet makes it out to be. Most adults have had it, but their immune system takes care of it right away, and all you notice is you have a zit. Such a relief!!
No comments:
Post a Comment