I have been a huge slacker in the blogging world lately. Shame on me. We really haven't been too interesting. Our usual routine has been consistent. Two things have changed, and the first is I don't have my little Jaidy during the week anymore. She was missing her mama, and I think Cathie was going nuts not having her all week. Cathie found a friend who offered to watch Jaidyn that lives a lot closer than Lehi. I totally understand why this is the smarter option, but I miss my little Boo madly. Yes, her and Jack drove me crazy. They are at the age where everything is a competition. So everyday, all day, it was fighting and yelling and hitting and biting. I think these two were in time out more than they were not. But, in the end, I feel they act just like brother and sister. They absolutely adore each other at times, and have full blown wrestling matches two seconds later. I finally had to just let them go at it, and let them figure it out on their own. More often than not, they would end up just laughing.
The other change to my routine has been Vic working from home two days a week. He was sick a few weeks back, and decided to work at home. He moved his desk into our bedroom since the basement is an ice box. He said it was the most relaxed he has been in a long time, so this little make shift office was going to turn semi permanent. Hmmm...I don't know how I feel about this yet. On one hand, I do love having him home. He comes out and plays with Jack during some 5 min breaks, and he stops working an hour earlier since he doesn't have drive time. On the other hand, I feel like I have to be constantly busy. Mind you, this isn't a requirement from Vic. This was how I was raised. My dad would not allow us kids to just sit and be lazy. He made us fold clothes, do dishes, or dust if we wanted to watch a movie. If I ever just wanted to sit and read a book, I normally had to hide in my room, because leisure reading was not accomplishing anything in his eyes. So this "keeping busy" is very innate in me, and if there comes a time when I do just want to sit and read, I still try to do it when Vic isn't home. For as ridiculous as it sounds, I feel very embarrassed and lazy if Vic sees me just sitting around, especially if something needs to be cleaned. I told him this the other other day, and he just gave me a look that clearly said I was insane. Haha. This is also the reason I buy a ton of audio books. This way I can still stay busy with all my chores/working out/business stuff, and still listen to my books. Oh, dad, I miss you more than words can say, but look what you did to me!!! Haha.
Like a waterfall in slow motion, Part One
3 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment