Jack seems to have regressed a bit in the potty training department. We have no clue why, but for the last few months it hasn't been "clicking" to go twosies in the potty. He would much prefer to crap in his underwear and deal with the repercussions of my wrath, than simply running to the bathroom. Vic and I have tried everything. We have bribed him with new toys, we have taken away privileges, given him candy, sticker charts, you name it, we have tried it. So if anyone has any good ideas, please send me ideas. This one particular evening, we told him that he gets no tv, if he has an accident. I don't think we thought it all the way through. He pooped in his underwear around 4pm, that meant 4hrs of trying to keep the kids entertained and keeping with the punishment. I am totally aware with how sad this is, and realized how much we come to accept TV as a babysitter at times. Vic decided to set up a race course in the living room with the couch pillows, and we chased each other for hours. Jaidyn got really into it when I taught her what "switch" meant. She was giggling so hard because she was saying "switch" every two seconds and we kept changing out route. What started out as a punishment for Jack, turned into such a wonderful family night. Lesson learned for Vic and I, and we keep the TV off frequently now.
Like a waterfall in slow motion, Part One
3 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment