Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Possible breaking point??

I think I have finally hit my breaking point.  So this post might be just my way of venting.  First and foremost, my dad isn't doing well.  He doesn't sleep at night, he is coughing all the time.  His right rib has really started bothering him, and he is in a lot of pain.  Now he is having trouble breathing.  He says he has a very sharp pain an inch below his sternum, so bad, that he has trouble just standing up or laying down.  He has to hunch over just to get a deep breath.  We want to take him into the emergency room, but he refuses to go, because he is worried if it does, they will admit him and he won't make it to Chad's wedding.  He is such a stubborn man.  He says, and I don't blame him, that he is so sick of living with all this pain.  He never leaves the house anymore, and normally just stays in bed all day.  My mom brings him food in bed, but that is the only time he is even eating.  My heart breaks every day for him, and I wish there was more I could do.  I wouldn't wish this on anyone.
Now, as for Vic and I, we have decided to move.  We have been scouting different towns around Salt Lake, and have decided on Lehi.  I know, what in the world is in Lehi, well NOTHING!!  Haha.  But it is in a good location for us.  It is 30 min to Jack's school one way, and 30 min to Vic's work in the other direction.  The other good thing about Lehi, is Adobe is moving in, bringing a lot of people and jobs, and they are building an outlet mall this fall.  So things are definitely looking up in the shopping department :)  We have found the house we want to get, which that in and of itself was a huge stress relief.  Vic and I agree on nothing, seriously nothing.  But we feel this house is meant to be.  It wasn't even on the list for our agent to show us, but we just happened to stop in front of it when he had to tell us the directions to the next house on his list.  Vic and I saw the tell tale signs that this home was bankowned, and asked if we could look in it.  Next thing we know, we both fell in love.  It has everything we want, an amazing back yard (complete with a waterfall feature, built in rock fire pit, a HUGE patio and a basketball court.  Not too shabby.  Plus, it hadn't even gone on the market yet, so if we decided to put an offer in on it, we would get first priority.  So, that is what we are in the process of doing right now.  Lining up all the forms, submitting them to financing, and we should hear back later today.  Stressfull, hells ya -because we are on a tight schedule.  We leave in two days for my brother's wedding and will be gone for a week. 
Now with Jack, what made me decide to potty train before the house stuff, during my dad's sickness, and before a 24hr road trip?  I claim insanity.  Why not add a little more stress on top of everything else, right?  Actually, with that being said, Jack is rocking it.  We have very few accidents, and even when he has those, it is on the way to the toilet.  He just couldn't get there fast enough.  He even wakes up at 5 or 6 in the morning and yells "POTTY TIME MAMA."  Haha.
As for our house, I feel like everything is falling apart.  For starters when our house was being built, they used a bad concrete for our driveway.  This is the builders fault and they are fixing it, but that means that all day yesterday I got to listen to a jackhammer.  Our driveway is removed, all that is left is gravel and a drop off from our front door.  Hopefully soon, we get the cement poured.  I am sick of being stranded in the house with a 2 and 3yr old.  Also, at about the same time the demolition started yesterday, my internet went down.  I seriously take it for granted how much I rely on it.  I went INSANE yesterday without communication.  Especially since all the people working with us on the new house is corresponding via email.  I spent a total of 2 hrs on the phone with qwest, with no answers.  Then, viola, at noon today it worked again.  Now lets not forget that my washer isn't working.  I have been trying to get all the laundry done for the trip, and my washer has decided to quit working right before the last spin cycle.  So my clothes come out dripping wet.  I have all my wet clothes hung in every nook and cranny to air dry.  My dryer works fine, but won't dry clothes that wet.  All in all, I feel like life is one big cluster F***, at the moment, but know it will get better.  Vic is being amazing.  He knows how stressed I am, and he is too with everything going on.  But he says just to focus on one thing at a time, and try to forget the rest.  I think that might be a male solution.  I am such a multitasker, if I only accomplish one thing, I feel inefficient.  And, the whole time instead of not thinking about the important things to get done, I start thinking about how I am not suppose to think about important things, and start thinking about other chores I need to do, which stresses me out even more cause now my list of things has just doubled.  I might be slightly psychotic. 
Alright, enough with the venting, I just had to get it all of my chest, and I actually am feeling a little better.  My friends have been amazing through this period of my life, and I love you all.  Thank you for everything and all the support.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I know how you feel with the house stuff! It's a pain but will all be worth it! Hope everything gets better and that you have a good trip!