Monday, November 22, 2010

We are still alive!


Busy, busy, busy. That is what it has been like in our neck of the woods. Between Jack's playdates, gym time, appointments, and keep Vic "de-stressed" life has been chaotic lately. I hope this week it will calm down just a little. Especially since we are stuck indoors with the snow storms we are having. Right when Vic finished his contract and we all breathed a big sigh of relief, Google contacted him, and wants to feature his game he made. WHAT!!! Don't get me wrong, I am insanely proud of my hubby, because ya know... GOOGLE! But, I would love to have my husband back. This project has been going on for over 8 months now. He has been working his regular 40+hrs a week at the studio, then coming home and working till 1am on this contract. I guess we are seeing a little light at the end of the tunnel. I try to make sure life is easy at home for him. He is tired and stressed with all the different deadlines, and upset he can't spend time with Jack and me. The funny thing is, before Google contacted him, and we had a few days "off", Vic wanted to help me with everything. I honestly don't remember back 8 months ago when we shared all the household chores, and he helped me with Jack when he was home. I have everything balanced, and scheduled out, that when he told me to "just sit down, I can get Jack his milk" I didn't know how to react. Vic even started doing the dishes, and without even knowing it, I got up and just took over. He just stood there looking at me, with this "you are crazy" look on his face. I guess I have become a slight control freak when it comes to my household.

Jack is doing amazing. We are still struggling with the whole potty training thing, but I think it will come soon. He still loves, loves, loves going to his gym. I take him there about three times a week, and he has a huge grin on his face the entire time. He is talking a lot now. He says the most random words, and has started singing....one song...Old McDonald. We have to sing that song about 10 times a day. I think I may go crazy very soon. He is still as active as ever, but loves to read stories. We call it "cuddle time" and he goes and gets about 5 books, and we sit and have our "cuddle time" about 2-3 times a day. Speaking of reading, Vic wanted to read to him before bed time last week, so after I got Jack all ready for bed, he and Vic went in his room and sat down to start a book. I sat down across from them to get ready for some "Green Eggs and Ham." Well, apparently daddy can't read it like mommy, so after Vic started reading, Jack looks at me over the book, then looks back to Vic, shakes his head and says, "no, no, daddy." He then grabs the book, and comes over to sit on my lap and says "mama, go!" I guess I will have to give Vic a lesson on the different voices to use during reading time.

No comments: