Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Sicky snow day


Poor Jack woke up from his nap just screaming and screaming. He never does that, so that should have been my first clue as to what I was in store for. I brought him downstairs after changing him, and got him some cold water. His entire body was just burning up! Within 5 minutes the anticipated blizzard started, which is a big deal here in Utah. I have heard schools have been shut down and people are getting to go home early from work. (Me, being a native of Northern Minnesota, has seen a lot worse, but I am happy to be warm and toasty in my house.) Well, I figure I would make some hot chocolate and have some cuddle time with Jack, but he had other plans. Right as I turn my head from looking outside, I see Jack projectile vomit all over the couches and carpet. Of course this would normally make me want to run and puke, but something kicks into gear when it is your child. Nothing else matters but him. I hurry and grab him, as he pukes all over me, and get him to the sink. He finishes up, and I go and put him down on the couch. Now, that I know he is ok I start with the gagging, awesome, I get to clean it all up. What a wonderful day to be stuck inside with all the windows down! The joys of motherhood!

1 comment:

Janiel said...

Poor Jack - How is he feeling now? I'm the same with people vomiting...and the smell....Yuck!!

I here the snow storm wasn't like they predicted :)