What a weekend Vic and I have had -and not in a good way. So after this last week of nursing Gus to health Jack started getting a slight fever. It wasn't bad, only about 99 degrees. He was irritable, but it didn't really phase me. Well then on Saturday his temp went up to 100 degrees. Sunday morning, he woke Vic and I up at 4am screaming like crazy. I went running to him and he was burning up. His temp was 102.6! Talk about freaking out. His temp has never been that high. The crazy thing is, he wasn't sick. No coughing, no runny nose, nothing. Of course, this would be the time that we were out of infant motrin, so Vic ran to Walmart at 4am to get Jack some medicine. The motrin did help, for 4hrs, then it started to wear off and Jack's fever went back to 102 again. This happened all day - 4hrs after we gave him the meds, it wore off and his fever came back. The good news is he was drinking a ton, so he wasn't get dehydrated. He doesn't want to eat at all, just chug his pediasures. All he wanted to do all day was curl up on my lap with his blankie and watch cartoons. It broke my heart. I hate that he isn't feeling well. Vic hated that he couldn't help with anything. If I needed a potty break or anything, Jack would flip out. He just wanted his mamma and cartoons. Well, before we put him down for the night, it seemed as if his fever was staying low, but then againt this morning he woke up with it at 102.
I want to take him to his doctor, but I know there won't be much for them to do and it being Labor Day there are no nurses to call and ask questions. At least right now, his fever is down again and he is acting more like himself. We have seen a lot more smiles this morning than the entire weekend combined. I also know this is all about his teething. I can feel big lumps where his front top teeth are about to come through. I hate that this is such a painful experience for him. I am hoping this fever breaks soon!
Like a waterfall in slow motion, Part One
3 years ago

2 comments:
Hang in there, it seems the more teeth they get the more they tolerate all the pain. Liam is getting his 12 tooth, 3rd Molar and he is just drooly all the time and likes to chew on his fingers. It gets better!!
Try to rotate Motrin and Tylenol... Motrin, then 3 hours later Tylenol, then 3 hours later Motrin, etc... That will keep his fever from spiking over and over and keep his body at a more constant temperature. Poor guy!!
Post a Comment