Sunday, April 12, 2009

Jack is 8 months...ok so he was 8 months a few days ago.


































































I am kind of slow getting this post up. It has been nothing but the sicky germs at my house. Vic never gets sick -ever. I seriously think the last time he was really sick was our wedding. Hmm, memories. Anyways, he hasn't been able to shake this cold of his. He was sick two weeks ago, then Jack came down with it, then my cousin started complaining he was sick, and then it bounced back to Vic. Somehow, amazingly, I haven't caught it yet. I know that since I just posted that, I will get it tomorrow. Sigh.

This last month has been such a fun month. It has finally started to get warm out, so of course my parents break out their toys. I was over at their house the other day, my dad decided to take Jack for a spin on their four wheeler. He LOVED it! My dad is now convinced Jack needs his own baby four-wheeler, and I am sure that one of these days I will show up at their house and it will be there. We also got to go out on the boat. This was mine and Jack's first time on my parents boat. We had a blast. Jack was giggling the entire time. I seriously have not heard him laugh so hard.
My little boy turned 8 months on the 10th. I know I say this every month, but I can't believe how fast the time goes! He is not even a baby anymore, he is such a little boy now. He doesn't stop talking. It is all gibberish, but Vic swears he said his first word. "Gooooh" I said that is not a word, and I am sure he didn't know what he said. I practice "mama" with him every night. So, that better be the first word out of his mouth. Either that, or it will be "bad Gus", that is a daily phrase as well. In between the gibberish he loves to do the motorboat thing. He drenches himself when he does it, but it is hilarious. He gets so serious, like he is trying to get a point across with all the spit that is flying. He has also turned into a major wiggle worm. He hates sitting still and wants to roll over all the time. He also got his first haircut this month. Katchie did a great job and now he doesn't have these 4inch strands going straight out the sides of his head. He keeps turning more and more into a mama's boy. I tried going out with my friends the other night to the Tavernacle in SLC. HAHA what a joke -to think I could have a night off with friends. Jack had other things in mind. I was able to get out of the house and get all the way to SLC, but about 1hr after arriving I get a text saying "Jack won't stop crying". So I wrote Vic back with things to do to calm him down. Another hour passes, and another text arrives "Yeah, so he still hasn't stopped crying, and I have tried everything." Knowing Vic is about to loose it, I tell Jess and Katie that I will have to do, so we packed up told everyone bye and booked back home. Truthfully, I was a little worried. Jack never acts like that, and is always in bed sleeping no later than 9pm. It was almost midnight when I got home, and sure enough he was wide awake sitting on Vic's lap. The frustrating thing was, as soon as I took him up to his room and rocked him he was out. Seriously people -3min after coming home he was asleep in his crib. Vic is pissed cause he just dealt with 2.5hrs of nonstop screaming, and I had to cut my friend night way short. What a little stinker!!! If I attempt another night with the girls, I think I will just wait to go out after putting Jack to bed. I think he has taught me my lesson. In the two hours that we were at the bar, though, we had a blast. Just jaunt over to Katie's blog to read about Purple Rain man. Good times. This was my first time to the Tavernacle. It is sooo fun. There are two dueling piano guys. Everyone who comes in can give them whatever song to play, -anything! Craziness.

1 comment:

The Smith's said...

Where the heck did you take the boat out to?!?! Justin is dying to take ours out, but it's still in storage!
I love the Tavernacle too, haven't been there for awhile, but I agree it's a blast.
I love your hair, it's too cute, makes me want to chop mine off!