Monday, March 9, 2009

Vic + Jake + two small dogs =wa what??

Saturday was a very eventful day. It started at 6am with our carbon monoxide alarm going off. At first I figured it was the smoke alarm and I told Vic just to "smack it" and get it to stop going off. But then we saw Jake get up and the alarm by his room was going off as well. By this time we actually got up and noticed that the CO light was flashing. Of course I call my dad in panic, and he said to check the furnace and open all the windows. Then, as always, Vic is more calm and called the fire department which told us to close all the windows and get out of the house asap and call 911. Cathie had also spent the night, so it was funny to see all of us freaking out, trying to get dressed, get Jack ready and get the dogs out. I packed Jack up and figured I would take him out to my mom and dad's house along with Cathie. Jake stayed back with Vic and the two dogs to wait for the firemen. So, when the firetruck showed up the guy came up to Vic who was holding Koopa, and asked "How long have you lived here?" Vic without thinking, looked back at Jake and shrugged and said "what, like 2 years?" Jake, who was holding Gus, just shrugged back. Then the fireman looked at Vic, then to Jake, then at the two small dogs and quickly turned and walked back into the house. Hahaha! Jake was all like "Dude, he totally thinks we are gay." It was pretty hilarious. Everything ended up being ok, and there was no gas leak, but the damn alarm wouldn't stop going off. It is the most obnoxious sound, and it kept going off like every 30 min!!! Finally, by 3pm we got it to stop, but by that time we were all about to kill eachother cause of how irritating it was. I was about to take a baseball bat and pretty much kill it (it and the smoke alarm are one unit in every room, which is all hardwired to the house.) So the boys rejected my idea and we all worked together to figure it out. Seriously, we need an electrician in the family!!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

HA! HA! HA! That is a great story! I love that they were each holding a dog - just the cherry on top!