I seriously can't believe Jack is already 5 months. It didn't even register to me on the 10th!! He is getting so big and at times it breaks my heart. He is starting to look more and more like a little boy. I know it has a lot to do with how giant he is, but all his hair is growing in and his features are becoming more pronounced. He is definitely teething, and that is a hard thing to go through, both for him and me. It almost puts me in tears when he is crying and trying to shove his entire fist into his mouth to ease the pain. I don't like to give him a ton of Tylenol, but I have been having to give him some about once a day. Sometimes, I can get away with just some baby oragel. Plus, he is not really into his teethers. So, I have been keeping a Binky in the fridge. Poor little guy! Last month and this month Jack's eyes have been having a war. We call the the East/Chelaru war. Whose genes will win in the end. He was born with bright blue eyes, and they have slowly become darker to more of a dark blue like mine. Well, about a month ago they turned totally brown, only to wake up two weeks ago to them blue again. It is weird, and we are just waiting to see what color his eyes finally become. I know that brown is the dominant trait, but every single person in my entire family has blue eyes, so it is definitely a strong trait for the East's. Jack does, however, have blond hair. He has my brother's exact shade of blond. He also has the longest eyelashes I have ever seen. He is going to make all the girls jealous! He pretty much has vetoed his bottle this month. He may drink about one ounce then push the nipple out and not want anymore. He only wants to be fed with a spoon now!! So, I have had to resort to putting his formula in his rice and oatmeal so he can get all the vitamins and fat. He has also started using a sippy cup. Now, if only I can get him to hold it as well! Jack is starting to grab things, he has been trying to take his Binky out of his mouth and then put it back in. It is hilarious cause his coordination is not quite there yet so he normally pokes himself in the face. One other milestone he is doing, is sitting by himself. He wobbles a lot, but he is getting the balance. I could seriously gush over him forever, so I will just end by saying, "Jack, me and your daddy fall in love with you more and more every day. Your loud squeals and giggles melt our hearts, and you are absolutely the best thing that has happened to us. We love you more than anything!"
No comments:
Post a Comment