Sorry for the delay everyone, I came down with a mega sinus infection. Dad is doing very well. Although he honestly didn't think he leg could feel worse than it did prior to the surgery, after getting up the first time with physical therapy, he retracted his statement. Haha. I kept telling him, he would be in pain, but you know how stubborn this man can be. The doctors upped his pain meds, and even though he still was in pain, he was able to manage to get up and walk a bit with his walker. Every day got better and better. On Thurs he got discharged from the hospital, and we were picked up in a limo again. Yesterday we just hung out at the Cancer Institute, got some dinner and dad made me watch his redneck shows. I will be so happy to have control of my TV!
Today dad had a follow up CT scan with contrast, other than that we have been bums. Just strolling around the center, get smoothies, and reading. We leave tomorrow at 8:40, and should be back home in Utah at 11! Wahoo! Even though I am so excited to see my husband and baby, I know that dad really needed me here this week. He gets to come back in two weeks to start radiation treatment and then he gets to stay here for two whole weeks.
Like a waterfall in slow motion, Part One
3 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment