Saturday, June 13, 2009

Vacation updates!











We started out on the 4th of June driving to Denver.  Jack did amazing.  I think we were all surprised at how well he really did.  Minimal crankiness, and just happy.  It was really nice to see Kika, and I feel really bad that I had to miss her actual graduation.  Jack was a little fussy after the day at the zoo, and he crashed right at the moment we would have had to leave for the ceremony.  Kika understood, and we just met up afterwards for dinner.  It was really fun, and Denver is such a beautiful city.  Sunday, June 7th, Jack and I packed up and went to MN.  Well, that was the plan.  We got to the airport two hours early, and still missed our flight.  The lines were sooo long, and I overpacked, which means I was getting clothes thrown out of my suitcase to get it down to 50lbs.  The security line was rediculous as well, and Jack was very fussy.  Things were just not lining up for me.  I get through the security check and find out I am down to 15 min before my flight take off, and I am in the farthest terminal and have to take a shuttle.  Then, once I get to the right terminal, my gate is literally the very last one.  I ran with Jack in the stroller and barely missed it.  Seriously, I didn't bring much provisions for the kid cause I thought I would have plenty of time to catch the flight and then be in Fargo within two hours.  Haha, joke was on me!  Luckily, they got me on the very next flight, but it was three hours later.  Jack, thankfully, crashed, and when he woke he got some lunch and baby Einstein which passed alot of time.  It is finally 1pm and we are boarding, it is nap time again for Jack, so I ask the flight attendant for warm water for a bottle.  We stroll down the runway and....sit.  We got stuck in a thunderstorm and had to wait it out for two hours!!!!  Ahhh!  WTF!!  Finally, two hours later we take off on an extended route to go around the storm and finally make it into Fargo around 7pm, then had to drive to Warren which is another two hours away.  Needless to say, it was a very long day.
Since being in MN, we have just been relaxing.  We are hanging out with all the family, and having a good time. We leave to go home on the 17th, and I think Vic is getting pretty anxious.  I have already had to send him some pictures for a little "Jack fix".  Jack is finally adjusting, the first few days he was pretty ornery.  He has finally met his uncle Chad, and warmed up to him immediately.    They are pretty cute together.  Jack could totally be Chad's kid, they look so much alike!

1 comment:

Lisa Ellen said...

Hi babe! Thanks for the vacation update- Vic isn't the only one who needed a "Jack fix"!! :) It looks like you're having a nice time with your bro. The line about Jack being Chad's son grossed me out a little, but I'm over it. I can't wait to see you SOON!