Tuesday, August 28, 2012

My baby is 4.

My baby boy turned 4 on August 10th.  The last 4 years have been the best and worst of my life.  Jack has been my son, my best friend, a companion, and a life jacket when I feel I am drowning.  This child is my life. I don't know how to put it more simply.  God gave me this little boy to help me through my father's death.  To think Jack is not a baby or even a toddler anymore makes me want to stop and grasp hold of every second of his life.  I still remember, vividly, the waddle into the hospital when I was going in to have him.  I remember those first weeks of being a new mom, his first giggle, the first time he told me he loved me, his first kiss and hug.
To my little boy,,,Jack you are the love of your daddy and mommy's lives.  Every day I thank God for you.  You know how to test us, but we are better people because of it.  I pray that you continue your rebellious and outgoing nature.  You are very direct in what  you want, and won't rest till you get it.  You are not shy, and make friends very easily.  You are an amazing child.  I love you, baby.  -Mama.

Jack went to the dr to get his wellness check, here are his stats...
Weight: 36lbs 44%
Height: 40.5in 53%

Looks like he is slowing down in the height department, he use to always be in the high 80%'s, but the dr said it is normal.  He is too active to keep any type of weight on.  Especially since he has started running 2 miles with me in the mornings.  He loves his protein shakes, drinking about two a day.  He is also in love with  pancakes, waffles, orange yogurt, goldfish, hotdogs, and hamburgers.  He refuses and gags on pasta and cheese.  He is obsessed with the solar system and knows trivia on every planet.  He can count to 30, is starting to sound out words, and has started to add and subtract.  He loves robots, baseball, soccer, his trampoline, playing the Wii with daddy, going to Lagoon with mommy and watching Real Steel and transformers.  (Are you seeing a robot re-occurrence?)  He loves to wake up and cuddle every morning with mommy, and still tells daddy that he is his best friend.  Happy birthday my Jack attack.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

your blog is really interesting...

Kaplan Step 1

ddably 3573